Friday, November 28, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a long time since I've sat down to blog - this holiday weekend seemed like the perfect time to catch up. We've been busy lately...mostly with doctors.

Moriah went for her 15/16 month check-up and was found to be in perfect health with the exception of her weight. She is still under 20 lbs. and still in the zero percentile. So, after receiving her 3 shots, we headed down to the lab for some more fun - namely a blood draw. All blood work came back good; however there was fat in her stool sample. As a result, a sweat test was done to rule out cystic fibrosis. Thankfully, that came back completely normal as well. We are headed to a pediatric GI next week, and then to Riley for an echocardiogram the following week (the pediatrician heard a murmur during Moriah's exam).

In the middle of all of this fun, I had knee surgery a week and a half ago for a torn meniscus. Again, I am very thankful that all went as planned and that I am making a quick recovery!

Big thanks to Kenney and kids for holding the fort down during all of this craziness!

If you think to say a prayer for our little monkey, we would appreciate it!

2 comments:

John Myers said...

Durham Zoo! I was so glad to get your email with the link to your family blog. This is such a great idea to keep family and friends updated on what's going on in your life. Sorry to hear about your knee surgery, but I trust you are recovering well. You appear to be in good hands, or at least there are multiple sets of hands to care for you! Jen and I will definetely be in prayer for Moriah. I can't believe how big your kids are getting--especially Brittany and Sidney. You've got a great family. God has clearly blessed you and Kenney. Keep in touch.

The Liller Family said...

Okay, so I just learned you're not attending NV anymore - man, where have I been??? Anyway - I'm going to miss seeing all your faces, but tell Kenney he's still and will always have my favorite "rub the buddha" head! LOL

Sorry to hear about your knee too! Shawn can relate to that!

Take care and keep in touch, k?